Thursday 24 March 2011

IT'S ALL IN THE NAME

I've only just realised that I haven't explained about the name 'Smells Kitchen'.  Most of you probably think it's a take off from 'Hell's Kitchen' or something to do with the heavenly smells I have coming from my kitchen every day, but no, let me explain:-

My lovely sister Sarah decided when I was a very young child that Smell was a better name for me than Helen, unfortunately the name has stuck with me for 30 years now.  My brother in law calls me Smell and has never in the 18 years I've known him ever called me Helen.  My other sister calls me Smellen and even some of my friends call me Smell.  It wouldn't be so bad but Sarah actually calls me it in public and I respond!

So there you go, I don't actually smell but that is my nickname!


No comments:

Post a Comment