Wednesday 23 February 2011

The Beginning

I have decided to set up a food/cookery blog, purely for my own benefit but if other people decide to take an interest then that is just a bonus. 

As I spend most of my life thinking about food and seem to have an empty box in my brain since giving up work to look after my baby boy I thought I would put my overactive mind to good use and start to blog about the cooking and baking I do every day.

My first thought each morning when I get out of bed is 'what can I make for tea tonight'?  Now I'm no Jamie Oliver but I do like to cook and 99% of the things I cook actually turn out pretty ok!

I like to have friends and family round for meals and I always cook everything from scratch.  It's very rare that we ever eat packaged ready meals and we only indulge in the odd takeaway when I just have no time to cook.

Anyway, my aim is to start taking pictures of all the meals I cook and posting them on here as well as sharing recipes and food experiences.  I'm sure this will give me hours of pleasure and give my husband plenty of free hours to watch the football without me talking all the way through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment