Thursday 24 February 2011

Lakeland Herb Sea Salt - A Must Have

This has got to be one of the best store cupboard ingredients ever.  Every time my parents go to The Lakes I get them to bring me some back.  I use it on and in absolutely everything, you should try it, you'll never not have it in your cupboard again:-


My favourite uses for it:-


  • Sprinkled on top of big ripe beef tomatoes in the summer with plenty of olive oil and basil.
  • Home made chips - easiest and healthiest version and I've never tasted a nicer chip: - I always use Rooster potatoes, peel them or leave the skins on it's up to you, chop them into wedges or chips, dry them out slightly on kitchen paper, spray your baking sheet with plenty of low cal spray, put the chips on the tray and spray them too, sprinkle on plenty of this salt and cook at 200 degrees for about 35 minutes.  No need to pre cook the potatoes.  I sometimes add paprika or chilli flakes for a bit of a kick.  Not fattening at all and they taste amazing.
  • In main dishes like spaghetti bolognaise and chilli I just use this instead of normal salt and it really does add to the flavour.  
  • Sprinkled over roast potatoes before cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment